Why This Video Is Valuable
Katie Wardrobe is an expert in the music production niche, and she knows that many beginners struggle with connecting their MIDI keyboards to their computers. This video by Ms. Wardrobe is an excellent resource for anyone looking to start producing music and needs to learn how to connect their MIDI keyboard to their computer. It provides a step-by-step guide on how to connect your MIDI keyboard to your computer, making it an excellent resource for anyone who is just starting.
MidNight Music is a YouTube channel run by a team of music educators who provide quality music education content to learners across the world. The channel covers a wide range of topics, including music theory, music production, instrument tutorials, and more. The team behind MidNight Music is dedicated to providing quality music education content to anyone who wants to learn, regardless of their level of experience.
Three Key Takeaways
- MIDI keyboards are essential for music production as they make it easier to enter notes into software programs.
- Most modern MIDI keyboards come with a USB lead that can be plugged directly into your computer.
- For older MIDI keyboards, you may need an adapter to connect them to your computer.
- Turn on your laptop or desktop computer
- Plug in your MIDI keyboard and make sure it’s switched on
- Start up the music software you want to use (such as Sibelius or GarageBand)
- In the Preferences or Settings of the software, select your MIDI keyboard as the input device
Finale: A professional music notation software program for composers, arrangers, and educators.
GarageBand: A digital audio workstation (DAW) developed by Apple Inc. for macOS and iOS devices.
Mixcraft: A digital audio workstation (DAW) developed by Acoustica for Windows devices.
Logic Pro: A digital audio workstation (DAW) developed by Apple Inc. for macOS devices.
Xkey MIDI keyboard: The MIDI keyboard used in the video by MidNight Music.
UM One: An adapter that allows you to connect older MIDI keyboards to your computer via USB.
If you’re just starting with music production, a MIDI keyboard can be a great investment. Not only will it make it easier to enter notes into software programs, but it will also allow you to play and record your own music. When choosing a MIDI keyboard, look for one that fits your needs, whether that’s a portable keyboard for use with your laptop or a larger keyboard for use in your studio.
Q: Do I need a MIDI keyboard to make music on my computer?
Q: Can I use any MIDI keyboard with my computer?
Q: Do I need to install drivers for my MIDI keyboard?
Q: Can I use a MIDI keyboard with my phone or tablet?
Q: How do I choose a MIDI keyboard?